Friday, 24 February 2012

Joliebox February 2012 (Boudior Prive)

Finally my Jolie box came yesterday! 


At first I was a little disappointed with the size of some of the samples but for £10 it really is worth it, the box I'm definitely going to keep for my nail polishes and the samples came in a cute wee bag :). 

I was excited to get the Joliebox concealer brush free as a first time subscriber. It really is a great brush, brilliant quality and if you had the money, something you could spend £10 on alone. I don't use a brush with my concealer because I buy Gosh liquid concealer which comes with a brush but I think this brush would be perfect for eyeshadow which is what i will probably use it for.


The first sample in the box is an extremely small 'Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain' in Forever Pink. This is a lip stain by Jane Iredale which I think you can only get in one colour but in the description it says that it "adjusts to your mood and temperature".


At first I thought the description was a little bit over rated, so I tried it on my lips and it's more of a gloss that goes on clear. But I left it on and my lips started to look more and more pink, It was quite strange. The gloss faded quite quickly but there was a definite more darker vibrant colour to my lips for a while. And also it smells AMAZING! Fruity and floral at the same time :) I'm not one to wear glossy lipsticks but this is definitely one I'd purchase again. I checked out the website and unfortunately you cannot purchase this in the UK which I think is a bit pointless but you can buy it from american sites for around $25 which I don't think I would pay. I still give it 5/5 though.


The next product Is Lavera 's 'Basis Sensitive Organic Hand Cream'. I don't think the packaging does the product any justice for how brilliant it is. It smells absolutely amazing, it's like a lemon moose dessert in a hand cream and it leaves your hands super soft. I needed a new hand cream so I was excited about receiving this. This is only a 20ml sample size which I wouldn't call a deluxe sized sample but It's good so i'm not complaining. You can buy the full sized 75ml bottle HERE for only £3.75 which I was really pleased about because it really is a great product. I give it 5/5 (apart from the packaging).


The next product is Macadamia 'Deep Repair Masque' for your hair. I was really excited about getting this because I have heard really great things about it. This is apparently 'full size', full size sample more like, but still, it does cost $4.00 to buy this. You can get some great offers on Amazons UK site though so you should check that out. I haven't tried this yet so I cant really rate it but HERE is a really good review on youtube, how great does her hair look! I can't wait to try this, i'll keep you posted.



The next product I received was RMK Cleansing Oil. I really wasn't impressed with the one use sample I received but I thought I would give it a go anyway to see what it is like. The smell was gorgeous, a minty refreshing smell but I'm really not a fan of oil based cleansers at all, to sticky and messy, I usually go for a light liquid cleanser that you can leave on or a cream based cleanser. So I wasn't impressed with this at all. Its about £29 to but a 175ml bottle which I definitely wouldn't pay but some people have said really great things about it so it could be worth a try.


The last sample is the one I will probably use the most. It is TAAJ 'Himalaya Micellar Water' which is a water based eye and make-up remover. I received a 100ml sided bottle which I was quite pleased about because this will prob last a while. The smell of the product reminds me of the smell at a beauty salon, incense/Lavender type smell. I thought this was great when I tried it, does a really good job at removing left over makeup after cleansing especially strong and dark eye make-up. It felt like I was using a rich expensive product. It is a French product so you won't find it stocked in the UK but you can get a 500ml bottle on AmazonUK for £9.63 but p&p is quite steep at £8. I give this 5/5 but the price would put me off purchasing again.


I was quite pleased with the box overall, I do wish there was larger samples though especially the Lip Stain which is less than half the size of my baby finger. But most of the products were really great so I'm going to stick around with the subscription and see how next month goes, it's worth the £10 I think.



No comments:

Post a Comment