1. First start with the base colour. For best results do three coats leaving to dry in-between.
(You can choose any colour for your base. Bright or pale colours work best I think.)
Now to get the gradient of glitter gradient:
2. Using the glitter polish start from 3/4 up your nail and work your way down towards the tip.
repeat this for every finger.
3. This is the most important bit! Always leave to dry COMPLETELY between coats, there is going to be ALOT of coats of glitter and if you don't let it dry between coats it never will.
4. Once dry do the same, starting halfway down the nail this time instead, working towards the tip.
5. Once dry paint just the bottom quarter of the nail with glitter.
6. Repeat step 5 as much as necessary until you get complete coverage at the tip of the nail.
When done right and left to dry between coats this can look really pretty and the gradient gives a really nice effect. It gives a bit of diversity to just covering the whole nail once with glitter. If I try this with other colours I will post here to show you. It can take around 30-45mins to complete but you can do things between coats to pass the time as long as your careful not to smudge. (I always chat on Facebook while my nails are drying :p).