Monday, 12 March 2012

GlossyBox March 2012


I was waiting patiently for this to arrive. This is my first time trying glossy box and I thought It was pretty cool that it was the Harrods special box aswel. I was pleased with alot of the samples I got, but I spied that others got lipstick in their boxes which I REALLY wanted :( I did get a Lancome mascara though which I'm dead excited about. I did hope for some more makeup products but I'm still quite pleased with my samples. Here's what I got in my box.



Lancome Hypnose Drama £21 for 6.5ml

This was the product I was most excited about, mainly because it's a luxury brand (for me anyway) and who doesn't use mascara! The brush is really nicely shaped aswell for easy appliance.

Before and after photos:  

I love it because it's not too clumpy and heavy to wear but still goes on quite thick. It dries nice and crisp compared to other mascaras it that makes sense? Most mascaras would dry quite gooey and soft (even expensive ones) but this one is solid and hard (in a good way) which I really like, I've never had a mascara before with this sort of texture. I will use this alot :)

Molton Brown Vitalising Vitamin AB+C Bath & Shower £18.00 for 300ml

This isn't a product I've ever used before but im excited to give it ago, it's always something I see sitting around in peoples bathrooms but never bought myself. Smells nice aswel So I'm excited tho give it a go. 
(I couldn't help but take photos of the bubbles, I love photographing bubbles :D)



SK-II Moisturising Cream £127.00 for 80ml

This product was the one I was most buzzing about. Its such an expensive product and it felt good to hold a sample thats worth almost £25 in comparison to the full size. Can't say I'll ever do that again. I have been meaning to try an anti-aging product though so I can't wait to give it a go! I'm sure I'll be amazed but can't say I'll be forking out £127 anytime soon for the full size. Great sample though.



Shu Uemura - Skin Purifier sample £28.00 for 150ml

Haven't given this sample a go yet, but I'm not fond of oil based products especially on the face. I'll give it a go though it could change me  :P




Clarins Paris Extra-Firming Body Cream £39.50 for 200ml

This smells so yummy! Reminds me of a Guess perfume I used to buy years ago. Quite egger to see if this works. Cant see me buying the full size product though at £40. I love getting luxury samples in the box but sometimes It'd be good to be able to afford the product.



Valentino sample by Valentina. £53.00 for 50ml

Nice smell, it's like a musky/floral scent. It is really pretty and if someone bought me it'd definitely wear it. It's one that I don't see being super popular with the younger crowd, but it's very elegant and I wouldn't mind owning some. The bottle is really pretty as well.


xox E

ps. More makeup next time please!

1 comment:

  1. I found you blog, browsing for other Glossybox reviews. I actually from near Lisburn, Northern Ireland also, so it's nice to hear from someone on this side of the pond too.

    I had no idea the SK-II Moisturising Cream was £127.00. wow, just WOW. i really like it, but would definitely not spend that much on it.

    Hope you don't mind me following you.

    Thanks,
    Bina.

    www.twobulletsfivezombies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete